Cheers to Honda and their commitment to creating a lower-carbon society! The Japanese automaker has just sold its eight-hundred-thousandth hybrid vehicle. Coming just 12 years and two months after launching their first hybrid model, the Insight, this large volume averages out to over 6,666 per year.
Fletcher Jones Honda isn't telling you this to toot Honda's horn. Though, when it comes to hybrid technology we think the Japanese automaker could do a little more of that. They've been vested in doing right by the environment and future of our society for a lot longer than most of their competitors. The reason we're bringing this up is because there are still drivers from Chicago who aren't yet aware Honda sells hybrids.
They don't just sell one hybrid, either. The fact of the matter is Honda now sells a total of seven different hybrid models in 50 countries worldwide. Add to that the forthcoming Honda Accord Hybrid and ILX from Honda's luxury arm Acura, and the number grows to nine. Among the Honda hybrids currently available in the U.S. are the Honda Civic Hybrid, Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid and Honda Insight.
Honda Civic Hybrid At a Glance- Fuel Economy: 44 mpg city/44 mpg highway
- Horsepower: 110 hp
- Entertainment and Convenience Features: i-MID, Bluetooth HandsFree Link, steering-wheel mounted controls, Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition, USB port
- Safety Features: Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), anti-lock brakes (ABS), Tire-Pressure-Monitoring System (TPS), Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure
- Trims Available: Hybrid, Hybrid with Leather, Hybrid with Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System, Hybrid with Leather and Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System
Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid At a Glance- Race-inspired handling
- World's first six-speed transmission
- Horsepower: 135 hp
- Fuel Economy: up to 35 mpg city/37 mpg highway
- Entertainment and Convenience Features: Auto climate control, Bluetooth HandsFree Link, Textured aluminum pedals, three drive modes, rear cargo console, available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- Safety Features: Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), anti-lock brakes (ABS), Tire-Pressure-Monitoring System (TPS), Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, airbags (front, front-side, and side-curtain), active head restraints
- Trims Available: CR-Z, CR-Z EX
Honda Insight At a Glance- Horsepower: 111 hp
- Fuel Economy: up to 41 mpg city/44 mpg highway
- Entertainment and Convenience Features: 60/40 Split rear seats, CVT, Bluetooth HandsFree Link, steering-wheel mounted controls, i-MID
- Safety Features: Anti-lock brakes (ABS), Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD), Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body structure, active head restraints, LATCH, side curtain airbags, enhanced rear visibility
- Trims Available: Insight, Insight LX, Insight EX
Interested in getting to know any of these three hybrids better? Contact Fletcher Jones Honda today. Otherwise, visit us at 1100 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL. And remember, to watch for the more news on the Honda Accord Hybrid. Live in the city and rather commit fully to an EV? The Honda Fit EV is slated to launch in the U.S. later this year.